QuickBooks, the accounting software with developer Intuit, has now and then proved its niche in the area of bookkeeping for small to mid-size business but specific errors in its features such as QuickBooks Error 12057 may pop up. These errors hamper the normal working of the software, and QB error 12057 occurs while updating the payroll or downloading the software update. QuickBooks payroll services make the process of paychecks, direct deposit payment options, etc. The blog aims at providing you with reasons as the error is not so common along with the steps to get it solved.
QuickBooks Refresher as a Solution to Common QuickBooks Errors
Reasons for Error 12057 When Downloading Payroll
Getting Error 12057 While Updating Payroll? Uncommon but this error has certain reasons why it appears in the application. Listed below are the causes for Error Code 12057 in QuickBooks.
- Failed connection with the remote server leading to difficulties while connecting to the internet.
- Various internet connectivity issues like misconfigured Internet Explorer settings cause QuickBooks to display error 12057.
- Firewall and Internet security settings block the connection and hamper it.
- Failure of the winglet API that initializes internet networking protocols such as HTTPS or FTP can lead the error as well.
- Incorrect SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) Settings also triggers QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 12057.
- The date and time configured incorrectly in the system.
- Outdated QuickBooks desktop.
You May Also Read - QuickBooks Error 12007
Troubleshooting steps to QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 12057
With a general outlook on why users see QuickBooks Error Message 12057, listed below are some of the steps to solve this error of the QB payroll feature.
- Press Windows + R and type Control Panel in the Run box.
- Press Enter and select Network and Internet Option.
- Click on the option of ‘Advanced connection settings.’
- Now see if the Use SSL 3.0, and the Use SSL 2.0 are checked in the checkbox.
- Press on applying and then OK option
- Now shutdown the QuickBooks Software.
- Restart software and update QuickBooks Payroll Services.
- Open the Control Panel and select User Accounts
- Check if your account is the admin account under Manage User accounts
- If not so restart the computer and sign in with an admin account
- Try updating the payroll.
- There is an option to start QuickBooks as an administrator by right-clicking on the QuickBooks desktop icon and selecting Run as Administrator.
- Open the Connection setup from the Internet menu
- Now confirm the network settings to manage the ‘System.’
Following the above steps will help you with quick solutions to QuickBooks Error 12057 When Downloading Payroll. If the solutions still leave you with the same error. Call the accounting helpline at 1.800.579.0391 and talk to the payroll experts with years of experience in the error solutions.