With the coarse of time the company file grows and hampers with the normal working of the QuickBooks due to the high amount of data. The users then need to run the QuickBooks Condense Data Utility so as to reduce the company size and this will make sure that the application runs as smoothly as it was earlier. But, at the same time, QuickBooks Condense Data Error might occur during the process of condensing. The error might result because of improper knowledge of QuickBooks Desktop or the Windows operating system. The correct steps must be followed to troubleshoot QuickBooks condense data error or it might lead to the data loss.
Types of QuickBooks Condense Data Error
Multiple versions of condense data error might appear while running the QuickBooks Condense Data Utility, such as:
- “QuickBooks encountered an error and was unable to successfully complete the condense process. Your company file has been restored to its original state.”
- Not enough storage is available to complete this operation” error 8007000e
- QuickBooks encountered a system error when trying to archive your current data file. QuickBooks will not condense your data file as a result of this error.
- Please check to make sure you have at least 395744870 bytes of free hard disk space and try to condense again.
- Unable to run the QuickBooks Clean Up Company Data Utility
You May Also LIke To Read - QBDBMgrn Not Running On This Computer
Reasons leading to Errors while condensing Data in QB
Some of the reasons behind the occurrence of the error have been given below but are not limited only to these. It is an important step to recognize the actual cause of the error before moving to the troubleshooting steps.
- The company file might be damaged or corrupt which can eventually result in data loss.
- The system storage is not enough.
- QuickBooks log file is damaged.
- The company file is present on another computer in the network.
- QuickBooks Desktop app or the condense data feature is not up-to-date.
Here’s What You Need to Know About QuickBooks Assisted Payroll
Steps to rectify QuickBooks Condense Data Error
Solution 1: Using QuickBooks File Doctor to repair the damaged company file.
A detailed article on QuickBooks File Doctor will help you use the tool to repair the company file.
Solution 2: Rectifying the negative entries in the QuickBooks company file
- Move to the QuickBooks installation folder and open the QBWIN.LOG file.
- Scroll down to the very bottom in the file and look for Error and Type of error in the text.
- The text in the file will indicate the transaction and entries that are having a negative value or any other type of error.
- Write down the invoice number and search the same invoice number in the company file.
- Changes to the value of the transaction or the entry as required to correct the entries and save the file.
- Condense the company file once again and if you get the same condense data error then follow the troubleshooting steps that follow.
How to Get Rid of QuickBooks Error 179 with Ease
Solution 3: Renaming QBWIN.LOG file
- Find the QBWIN.LOG file in the QuickBooks folder present in the C drive.
- Right-click and rename it by adding the suffix .OLD
- Try the condensing process for the company file again.
After the troubleshooting steps if you are unable to get rid of the QuickBooks Condense Data Error, consider calling 1.800.579.0391 for QuickBooks Desktop Support. The Intuit certified QuickBooks professionals can help you fix such type of errors with great ease.