QuickBooks is widely known to manage the accounting data of many small to mid-size businesses all over the world. Certain errors can interrupt the working of the application and which can lead to heavy data loss. One of the errors faced by users is QuickBooks Update Error 12031. This error might occur due to network time out, technical errors, firewall or internet causing barricade.
The article would be discussing the common error of QuickBooks Update Error 12031. We hope this helps you to swiftly solve the issue and if it still baffles you at one point or the other call our accounting experts at 1.800.579.0391.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 12031
Let us have a glimpse of the root causes to the QuickBooks update error 12031 before we provide you step by step solution the same.
- Internet Connection- The internet might at times work on alternate connections and this could lead to interfering with proper software working and further, as a result, lead to the QuickBooks Error 12031.
- Applications installed to the computer like antivirus protection agents, firewalls, interfere with the QuickBooks download and block the connection.
- Internet Explorer might not be the default browser or the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) checkbox may be cleared in internet explorer choices
- If the server is taking too long to respond on a particular command and then causes the software to stop responding, that can also lead to QuickBooks Error 12031.
A Complete Guide to Resolve QuickBooks PS107 Error
Steps To fix QuickBooks Error Code 12031
- From help, select Internet connection setup
- Click to choose the option of “Use my computer’s Internet connection settings to establish a connection when this application accesses the internet”.
- Click the next button and then done.
- Try to update once more.
- Click on Update QuickBooks which is available under the QuickBooks Desktop help tab.
- Hit the get updates after clicking on reset updates.
- If you still encounter the error of QuickBooks update error 12031, then double-check to see if your internet connection is well established.
Read Also - QuickBooks Error PS038
- Click Windows + R keys together on your keyboard and then type MSConfig.
- Press enter or Ok on your keyboard to open up Windows System Configuration Window.
- You need to unmark the Safe Boot Option available under the Boot Options from the Boot tab.
- Save the above changes by hitting OK.
- Restart the computer and it will boot the system in the safe mode.
- Once the system starts in the safe mode, run the payroll update once again.
There might be cases where QuickBooks Error 12031 message still remains unresolved even after the above troubleshooting steps. Don’t leave the hope, the expert technical team at 1.800.579.0391 provides on-call assistance to any such error.